Prince George Offers Investment Incentives
MULTI-FAMILY HOUSING INCENTIVES
The City of Prince George offers an incentive program for multi-family housing located in key growth areas that incorporates adaptable housing standards into 50 per cent of the units.
The program offers tax exemptions and reductions in development cost charges for market and non-market housing projects that include three or more attached units (single-family dwellings and duplexes are not eligible).
The program’s goals include:
- Creating a wider variety of housing options to serve all of our residents.
- Developing housing that is more accessible for seniors and people who use mobility devices.
- Creating walkable neighbourhoods by developing multi-family housing in areas that are served by transit and close to amenities.
- Reducing barriers to non-profit housing providers developing affordable housing projects.
Application Process and Additional Information
- Download the Multi-Family Revitalization Tax Exemption FAQ [PDF]
- Download the Multi-Family Housing Incentives Program Overview [PDF]
- Download the Multi-Family Housing Incentives paper application and checklist [PDF]
- Apply for Multi-Family Housing Incentives
DOWNTOWN INCENTIVES PROGRAM
The City of Prince George’s Downtown Incentives Program offers incentives for new multi-family, mixed-use, commercial, and green projects and upgrades to existing development in the downtown area.
The City of Prince George Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw 8370, 2011 provides municipal tax exemptions for projects that meet the criteria set out in the Bylaw.
- Download the Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw [PDF]
- Apply for the Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Program
- Learn more about the Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Program [PDF]
Northern Development Initiative Trust Community Revitalization Program
The Housing Contribution Program, provided through partnership between Northern Development Initiative Trust and the City of Prince George, offers an additional incentive of $10,000 per door for projects that meet a minimum investment of $500,000 and/or density requirements as set out in the Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw 8370, 2011.
Darcy Porsnuk and Denise Dykes have decades of experience in both residential and commercial real estate, so if you are looking to start our entrepreneurial dreams call us. We both have been in Prince George for a long time and can help make uour business dreams come true.